For our full and thorough Statement of Faith and Beliefs you can download and read this document: RealityChurchBeliefs.pdf
What follows is a brief summary of our core beliefs…
- We believe in the God of the Bible – one God existing in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, otherwise known as the Trinity.
- We believe that the Bible (66 books from Genesis to Revelation) is God’s breathed Word and the primary means by which we can know God. We believe it is inerrant and infallible in it’s original language and context, meaning it is absolute truth in all respects, thus it is “useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe that human beings are sinful by nature, rebellious toward God and His ways, and thus deserving of God’s wrath. (Romans 3:23, 6:23)
- We believe that because of His love for us, our gracious God provided a way in which His perfect justice can be served and we can receive mercy at the same time. That way was by sending His sinless Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer that wrath in our place by His death on the cross. (Romans 5:8-11, 6:23; et al)
- We believe that after Christ paid for our sins on the cross, He was raised to life on the third day and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father in heaven, and that because He lives forever, those of us who follow Him will also live forever, even after physical death. (John 3:16, 11:25-26, 20; Philippians 2:5-11; et al)
- We believe salvation comes through repentance and faith. Repentance is the genuine change of heart and mind that results in the recognition of man’s helpless state and inability to save himself, which causes a turning from self-salvation toward God for His salvation. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Savior. (Matthew 4:17; John 3:36; 5:24; Romans 8:1-18; 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-22; Hebrews 11:1-12:8)